Wallace-Thompson Funeral Homes
18029 State Route 247
Seaman, OH 45679
The present day funeral home can trace its beginning to the village of Tranquility, before Seaman ever existed. The area undertaker had been S.A. McCullough, a veteran of the Civil War and a prominent farmer and businessman in Adams County. He was also a County Commissioner, served on the Wilson Children's Home Board and was one of the executors of the large Wilson estate.
The McCullough establishment was purchased by James F. Cornelius, also of Tranquility. He continued his business from that village until 1896, when he moved to the new village of Seaman. The building from which he conducted his business still stands, just east of the Post Office on First Street.
On the death of Mr. Cornelius, the funeral business was purchased by V.E. Lewis from the Cornelius estate in 1930.
V.E. "Ted" Lewis had been employed by Mr. Cornelius for several years before he purchased the business. Mr. Lewis and his son, Glenn, operated the business from the time of purchase until 1971, when it was bought by Bill Sullivan on the retirement of Mr. And Mrs. Glenn Lewis.
Bill Sullivan operated the business from 1971 until his retirement in July 1997, when Steve Thompson and Bob Wallace purchased the business from Bill and Gayle Sullivan.
Locations | FAQ | Services | Merchandise | Pre-Planning
Grief Resources | Obituaries | Obituaries E-mail Notifications
©2003 Thompson Funeral Services, Inc. & FuneralNet
| Contact Us